Life Expectancy: 65 Years
Claud
An avid collector of your hopes and worries, a romantic at heart.
She thanks her fairies, for blessing her with people who know compassion down to an art.
For accepting her for who she is, who never fails to turn up,
in times of need as well as happiness, or just there for a loving hug.
Thursday, April 05, 2012
Can you go beyond fascination?
I've been coming across a lot such discussions.
"Wah, what I'm learning now is so interesting!'
"I never saw it this way before and like it's damn cool lah…"
"Fascinating leh…"
Can we go beyond simple fascination, or wonder. It reminds me of a quote someone posted and reminds me why I do what I do.
”[T]here is a DECEPTIVE simplicity and obviousness about some sociological investigations. One reads them, nods at the familiar scene, remarks that one has heard all this before and don’t people have better things to do than to waste their time on truisms - until one is suddenly brought up against an insight that radically QUESTIONS everything one had previously ASSUMED about this familiar scene. This is the point at which one begins to sense the EXCITEMENT of sociology.”
10:53