Life Expectancy: 65 Years
Claud
An avid collector of your hopes and worries, a romantic at heart.
She thanks her fairies, for blessing her with people who know compassion down to an art.
For accepting her for who she is, who never fails to turn up,
in times of need as well as happiness, or just there for a loving hug.
Sunday, May 09, 2010
Happy Mother's Day
I almost forgot that I can't bring flowers to the hospital because stagnant water and vases are not welcomed.
In any case, I find that mother's day is kinda dwindling down. While looking for Mother Day's gifts, it was far and few between. =\ I don't think that Mother's day are not celebrated anymore, maybe people decide to use other options?
HAHA...I still remember my mum telling me to clean the house for her since it's her day off...it'll be great and noble if I didn't already clean the house WITH her every weekend.
I call it child-labour. Then again, what's that compared to 9 months of carrying me? I always thought that argument was flawed and can only be applied to men only. Why? Because they don't need to carry their children next time so that have nothing (literally) to compare to the 9months their mothers had to go through. Women on the other hand, have to. So yes, I will never use the 9 month-excuse on my daughter.
For mother's day, I want to embrace my mum's strengths as well as weaknesses, to remember the times when she lost control of her temper, or the times when she didn't do right. I think those times are as important as the good things she has done. It's a reminder that my mum is also a person who despite all her weaknesses, loves me.
There really is no manual for parenthood. So one can only imagine how difficult it is to bring up a child and always second-guessing yourself. I understand not everyone can applaud their mother's achievements, but I believe we can all applaud for her efforts.
Our parents make it seem so effortless sometimes, we forget the real work that goes behind the curtains.
Give you mum a break (or dad)....forgive her mistakes and move on. Simply because for some, there's not much time left, for others, you don't see how little time you have.
________________________________________
For Terrena and Zoee....this must be a difficult time for you guys and I hope from the bottom of my heart that you find peace and comfort during Mother's Day.
Stay strong!
14:47