Remember remember, the 5th of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpower and treason,
Should ever be forgot.
This nursery rhyme totally haunts me. Besides the fact that I got it from V for Vendetta, the content of it rings very loudly in my heart.
Guy Fawkes, 1606, plotted to blow up the parliament and was caught. He was later sentenced to death by quatering for his treason. Now, every 5th of november in Britain, they make a stuffing of Guy Fawkes to burn.
If I were to read the nursery rhyme and know this story alone, I would've been disapproval of his actions. However, after watching the show, I began to form an impression that treason - especially one that is justified - may be for the greater good.
Would you say treason against Hitler was bad?
Of course, I cannot deny that the movie had a soft spot for Guy Fawkes.
I have always had a small rebellious nature in me. The sort that refuses to follow which of that is conventional. Please do not mistaken unconventional with impractical.
_____________________________________________________________
Chris and I were talking about how heaven would look like after we die. I told him, perhaps when we all die and go to heaven, God would want us to relive out lives and even out those rough ends we had. To forgive people that we never truly forgave and to apologise for mistakes we never dared admit. For some, to also come to a realisation that the best part of your life, is the husband next to you and the baby in your arms.
At this point of time, I think my heaven would be the sitting down on a cool day in a park and plan the next musical. I have my best friends who are writing the lyrics, setting up the stage as well as composing the music. To feel the buzz of rehearsals and the excitement of opening night. After the performance, we head out to dinner and laugh at my arrogance during directing and praise ourselves for the hard work we have done.
but my real heaven is to stand backstage and cry at the marvelousness as well as the magic of the performance or to perform and exhibit my feelings through a character....if only i could sing.